Did You Know We Can Get These Things Covered Under Your Home Insurance?
September 1, 2022
One of the many advantages of using an independent agent is that we understand your risks and can design a homeowner’s policy that provides the insurance coverage your family needs. There are many different insurance companies and kinds of coverage from which to select. Call our office to make sure you have these things covered:
Unique Things Covered By Homeowner’s Insurance
1. That $5,000 diamond ring. Most homeowner’s policies have limitations on jewelry. If you have jewelry valued at over $1,500 you will need to endorse your policy.
2. Hotel stays after a covered loss. If you have “loss of use” coverage on your homeowner’s policy, it will cover the costs to house your family in a hotel, or other location, while the repairs to your home are being completed. Subject to policy terms.
3. Dog bites. If you have a dog, your homeowner’s insurance can cover liability arising from your dog biting a third party. Certain bread may be excluded.
4. Food in your refrigerator. Homeowner’s insurance can also cover all the goodies in your fridge. Say a big storm knocks out the power, and everything in your fridge spoils. Well, don’t worry. Your homeowner’s coverage will likely step in to help. Coverage may be subject to your deductible.
5. Imported oils and other special foods. If a covered loss causes damage to expensive imported foods, your homeowner’s policy can provide coverage; as long as you are not running a business out of your home.
Please check with our office regarding these items. All coverage will be subject to your actual policy terms and conditions.